I just realized most of my really close friends are single. Maybe it’s their fault why I am also single. I don’t the urgency to find a boy I want to share my life with because they are always there for me. Wait till all of them are attached, perhaps then I will feel lonely and emotionally void and be more pro-active in sourcing for my happiness.
Some of my friends are really eligible and I really do wonder why they have never been in a relationship ever. Are the guys blind? I guess not, it’s just that some girls do have pretty high expectations for their first boyfriend. Blame it on all those pop idol dramas where plain Jane snags Prince Charming. Let’s be frank, which girl doesn’t want a prince? Since young, ever since I’ve read all those Disney princesses’ books, I've set my sights on wanting a prince of my own. And not just any prince… This prince would sweep me off my feet; he would make all my dreams come true; we would live happily ever after.
And in boy’s perspective, this mindset just makes them want to go “WTF!” Well, girls are just dreamers. If you truly love her, is it too much to ask you to dream along with her and dream a future together?
I have never been in a relationship before. I don’t believe in love at first sight. But, I guess I belong to the category of girls who sit by the pond, staring at the endless number of frogs, trying to figure out which frog is the real prince. A kiss will reveal our destiny, but nobody wants to kiss a frog. And I don’t want my love story to end with an “I can’t believe I let him kissed me. ARGH!” I just want to demand the best and I truly believe I might be able to get it.
Girls like me seriously enjoy sitting on the fence and watching other people’s love story unfold and hopefully learn from their mistakes. But when I find a guy who is willing to walk on broken glass for me, what am I to do but haul my butt off the bench and get back to the game? That’s when I found that special someone, I guess, who will take me to dizzying new heights and terrifying lows but one thing for sure; I will never regret the ride. =D
After witnessing so many break-ups and unhappy crushes, happily ever after seems so far-fetched from reality, like a far away dream. Well, not every guy is prince material, but a court jester in our royal kingdom. Yes, girls may claim that we want you smart, we want you rich, we want you everything nice. But deep down inside, we don’t really need you to be some perfect prince. We don’t mind settling for a court jester who is funny and brings a smile to our faces. We like you for who you are and all we need from you is some form of commitment and security. I do concede love do not last for eternity and when you told me you loved me, it was just for that moment. But it’s beyond my tolerance level when you just want to get it while you can. Please show a girl some respect that she deserves. Some guys simply just want to cut straight to the reveal, but isn’t it so much better to discover someone’s personality layer by layer. By the time you stripped to the core, you’ve probably built a solid relationship that could stand the test of time. Right?
Who am I trying to kid?
Some of my friends are really eligible and I really do wonder why they have never been in a relationship ever. Are the guys blind? I guess not, it’s just that some girls do have pretty high expectations for their first boyfriend. Blame it on all those pop idol dramas where plain Jane snags Prince Charming. Let’s be frank, which girl doesn’t want a prince? Since young, ever since I’ve read all those Disney princesses’ books, I've set my sights on wanting a prince of my own. And not just any prince… This prince would sweep me off my feet; he would make all my dreams come true; we would live happily ever after.
And in boy’s perspective, this mindset just makes them want to go “WTF!” Well, girls are just dreamers. If you truly love her, is it too much to ask you to dream along with her and dream a future together?
I have never been in a relationship before. I don’t believe in love at first sight. But, I guess I belong to the category of girls who sit by the pond, staring at the endless number of frogs, trying to figure out which frog is the real prince. A kiss will reveal our destiny, but nobody wants to kiss a frog. And I don’t want my love story to end with an “I can’t believe I let him kissed me. ARGH!” I just want to demand the best and I truly believe I might be able to get it.
Girls like me seriously enjoy sitting on the fence and watching other people’s love story unfold and hopefully learn from their mistakes. But when I find a guy who is willing to walk on broken glass for me, what am I to do but haul my butt off the bench and get back to the game? That’s when I found that special someone, I guess, who will take me to dizzying new heights and terrifying lows but one thing for sure; I will never regret the ride. =D
After witnessing so many break-ups and unhappy crushes, happily ever after seems so far-fetched from reality, like a far away dream. Well, not every guy is prince material, but a court jester in our royal kingdom. Yes, girls may claim that we want you smart, we want you rich, we want you everything nice. But deep down inside, we don’t really need you to be some perfect prince. We don’t mind settling for a court jester who is funny and brings a smile to our faces. We like you for who you are and all we need from you is some form of commitment and security. I do concede love do not last for eternity and when you told me you loved me, it was just for that moment. But it’s beyond my tolerance level when you just want to get it while you can. Please show a girl some respect that she deserves. Some guys simply just want to cut straight to the reveal, but isn’t it so much better to discover someone’s personality layer by layer. By the time you stripped to the core, you’ve probably built a solid relationship that could stand the test of time. Right?
Who am I trying to kid?
Boys will always be boys. You give a little more, but you don’t necessarily get a little more. Maybe it’s time to wake up, sleeping beauty, and try using that bed for something more than escaping reality...Mr. dreamboat has capsized and I should probably stop living behind rose-colored glasses 6-inches deep. I guess I should get back into the saddle, only this time, don’t confuse a mule for a white charger. Enjoy the mule for what it offers – a good ride and a few laugh. Men are just like resources, and and like resources they must be exploited or they go to waste. Perhaps I should go on a few dates and grab a few free lunches and entertainment like what Cat suggested and get in touch with the cold, hard truth. (sad sigh)
I know, my current disappointments are probably making me judgmental and more bitter than ever. Somehow, after a fierce debate with myself, the foolish dreamer in me still chooses to stand by her previous view that mature, respectful guys are out there and worth waiting for, but I supposed they are just really hard to find…
To my beloved “Sentosa-Cove” prince, I am still waiting for you. So please appear in front of me before I start losing faith and hope in you.Who cares about those free lunches, all I really want to find is you! Please let me prove to the world that happy endings do exist.
To my beloved “Sentosa-Cove” prince, I am still waiting for you. So please appear in front of me before I start losing faith and hope in you.Who cares about those free lunches, all I really want to find is you! Please let me prove to the world that happy endings do exist.