And it’s a fabulous show. Not just because Zac Efron is voicing Ted, but simply because every animal is so cuuuuute in it. Awww~~~ Sorry, but the girl in me can't help but squeal in delight.

They should seriously consider selling the Lorax merchandise LIKE RIGHT NOW. I just want to buy the bears and the furry orange peanut!!!
Ok, I watched it in 3D and I think “YES, IT’S WORTH IT!” And there were a lot of great songs. I can’t wait for the soundtrack to be out now. I know I sound like a kid chatting senselessly but yea, it’s that good. =)
Apart from all the raving, I like the theme behind the movie. What I don’t understand is how Dr. Seuss could predict the future of our consumption 30 years ago? Well, compared to the story, the movie isn’t all about gloom and doom. In fact, it’s pretty cheerful and gay. I think it is better this way. Let’s be frank, for kids like us, we are more “absorbent” when shown a happy story with a moral behind it rather than a sad, sorrowful tale.
There are slight alterations to the classic tale, but it just makes this story better. Although, why the Once-ler refuses to plant the tree himself is a mystery of its own. (On a side note, his nickname, once-y or something really sounds a lot like my name. LOL!) And Lorax is way cuter animated than cartooned. Now, I just love men with mustaches, especially orange ones. It is just sooo sexy! I love it so much that my display picture is TADA~~

On a more serious note, I think this movie sends out a really good message. Our Earth is slowly dying simply because of our unlimited desires and the fact that nobody cares. A lot of us pretend to care. I, like Once-y, cares, but sometimes it just slips out of my mind. Out of my backyard and out of my mind. I did a hell lot of recycling and sorting of garbage when I was in Norway. I did suggest to my mum to continue sorting the garbage but she complained that it was too tedious. So now, I am starting to be less environmental conscious.
But on a whole, my family is pretty environmental conscious when it comes to paper. We recycle quite a lot. And I know this sounds stupid, but during my internship, I bought back paper to recycle because I couldn't find the recycling bin. We all have to do our part for the environment. For marine students reading this, the ocean is where our gold lies. Our blue gold. And if we go to tankering, our livelihood would be strongly dependent on the black gold. If we treat Mother Nature kindly, she will give us her blessing in return. This has always been the deal and will always be.
Anyway, orange mustaches for you all…if you share the same fascination as me. =)
