I intended to blog last night. But cos of the light shades, one side of the room was really dark at night (the side where study my table is). So, I went to bed instead.
I woke up at 6am today. I contemplated vacuuming my room but I think it could be noisy. I didn’t really want to be known as the inconsiderate neighbor on my 2nd day. Lol.
Some of you may know, I was actually segregated by my course people by a lift corridor. Both sides are supposed to be locked and access is limited to the residents of each side. I was quite disappointed at first. I would be lying if I said I weren’t.
YL offered me to bunk in, but I really don’t want to sleep on the floor for 5 months straight, and full refund for the rental is not possible. So I bravely went to my new room.
To tell the truth, I am actually thankful I did that. My kitchen is freaking clean and very well furnished. We even have a nice dinner table and a radio. My toilet has everything too, since my neighbor moved in way earlier than me (2 years) haha. And by default, I now have a hostel pet, sort of. Haha. Her friend left a cat with her. SO DAMN CUTE!!!
I woke up at 6am today. I contemplated vacuuming my room but I think it could be noisy. I didn’t really want to be known as the inconsiderate neighbor on my 2nd day. Lol.
Some of you may know, I was actually segregated by my course people by a lift corridor. Both sides are supposed to be locked and access is limited to the residents of each side. I was quite disappointed at first. I would be lying if I said I weren’t.
YL offered me to bunk in, but I really don’t want to sleep on the floor for 5 months straight, and full refund for the rental is not possible. So I bravely went to my new room.
To tell the truth, I am actually thankful I did that. My kitchen is freaking clean and very well furnished. We even have a nice dinner table and a radio. My toilet has everything too, since my neighbor moved in way earlier than me (2 years) haha. And by default, I now have a hostel pet, sort of. Haha. Her friend left a cat with her. SO DAMN CUTE!!!
My corridor people are really nice, at least for those I have met. I saw only 3 other Asians. Apparently I do have a kitchen space (which I told them I don’t need it) and they were like “come on, it would be empty anyway”; a fridge space which I was told to “take it before it’s gone” and a wardrobe space which I kindly offered it my neighbor’s friend who is bunking with her as a sign of goodwill since I don’t need it anyway. And I am allowed to use the microwave too.
To tell the truth, I don’t really miss home. I don’t know why, but I guess I am quite “xiao sa”. Frankly, there is really no point being upset, angry or screaming that the world is unfair when things don’t work your way. I forgot to bring my Lan Cable, but hey other people have spare in their rooms and I found another in my room. I was separated from people I knew, but I got a nice neighbor, who is possibly cleaner than the friends I know. Even my Dad thinks I am lucky to get her. I am trying to keep an open, positive mind while I am there. And I am starting to believe that when you have a positive outlook, things actually do look up. =)