Wednesday, March 21, 2012

May the odds ever be in your favour

Just finished the week with 2 movies and as usual I enter in my "huff and puff" mood. Seriously need to work on my time estimation. =(

Going to put 2 reviews together, partially for back-to-back comparison sake and also because the 2 people who invited me to the movie are so nice (similarity). They even smsed me to remind me. Yes, great for forgetful old folks like me.


So first movie up…Flowers of War


Okay, the main reason I wanted to watch it was because Christian Bale was in it. =) Batman =) Hot figure. Okay, you got the point. Haha.

Is it just me? But somehow, in Zhang Yi Mou’s movies, the women would somehow strip artistically with the critical parts covered. Minimal sexual scenes but it was very gory. The trailer is highly misleading. Half the show was filled with rape scenes (artistically filmed), stray bullets suddenly hitting people and blood spewing from wounds. It is disturbing. But I guess that’s war.


I just realized I am quite naïve. I always thought women would survive through war simply because we could provide sexual gratifications. What I didn't know was we would be killed after being used as a tool for pleasure. =(

It was quite an interesting movie since the story was narrated from a women’s perspective. And it is in Chinese. Yup, a long time since I caught a Chinese movie. But, it is too gruesome for me. M18? Not for the faint-hearted. It is definitely not like those horror movie that will make you shriek in fear but for every shocking scene, you will probably be gasping “OMG”. World Peace! (^.^)V

** On a side note, the cinema is so freaking hard to find. I was walki
ng up and down, looking for a level 13. It was like a bad joke because the building I went first had only up to the 12th level which linked to a car park. How freaky can that be? I was about to give up until I met other lost sheep who found our shepherd who guided us back into our pen. Thank you aunty for being so helpful!



Ladies and gentlemen, let the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games begin!


OMG! The hunger games is SO DAMN GOOD! I am definitely going to watch the next movie. And maybe if I have the time, I will read the book! =)
Was late for the movie as usual, but JY is really nice. He left the tickets at the usher. I did think for a second he was going to tell me “Too bad, next time come earlier.” LOL!

Not a 3D movie, but the filmography would make you feel as though you are part of a fight. Ask B, she nearly felt like puking after the movie. And I sort of felt a little dizzy too with all the spinning. I was so inspired I even coined a cute couple name. Yea, won’t be sharing it with the world cos that would be like a death wish. Awww~~~
Go watch it, it is really good! March Movie, no doubts about it. Now I want to lay my paws on the mocking bird pin!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...