Sunday, February 20, 2011

Procrastination: The thief of time... How about giving back what is rightfully mine

How time flies! It is the forth week of school. I am not really sure where all my time went. Am I living in a world where there’s only 16 hours a day? 8 hours for sleeping and escaping reality; school takes up the other 4-6 hours; the last 2-4 hours are for my miscellaneous activities such as bathing, eating and being an academic slave for others.

I guess somehow keeping up with yesterday is an art that I have well mastered. I am still struggling with my week 1’s tutorial.

“Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow. Delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done.” -- Aaron Burr


I have no idea who Aaron is, but the second part of his wise words doesn’t stand. My deferral techniques are not working and I have yet to gain any form of enlightenment. What’s undone remains undone! And sadly, I don’t have any better way of doing things, except letting things rot. Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration. In my very humble opinion, I think I am not doing nothing. I am trying to mitigate all potentially bad consequences of my procrastination. At least, I guess I deserve some credit for my effort (that will be carried out once I…am done with bumping around.)

I am not lazy. I am just easily distracted. The goddess of procrastination can seduce me by lifting one eyebrow. I am permanently living in Mercury’s retrograde.



Wrong description, my life is not moving backwards. It’s simply not moving anywhere with 2 forces acting on me in opposite direction. I am…like stuck in the moment, and there is nothing pretty about this moment. How comforting is that?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...