Out with the old and in with the new, baby!
Okay, that’s not my style with doing things. I think I am a little bit sentimental when it comes to my belongings. It’s usually a rather tough emotional battle for me to decide whether or not to throw away my old paraphernalia. I mean; I know it’s an inanimate object, but still it served me for a good many years (since I am so thrifty. I don’t change my stuff unless it’s proven unusable.) More often than not, my possessions have been loyal companions fighting with me to survive each passing day. Well, in that aspect, they certainly don’t deserve the thrash can as their burial ground. Right?
Anyway, recently I have 2 new items joining in the big family of WS’ treasured. I just got a new phone and a new laptop. Yeah!
Okay, that’s not my style with doing things. I think I am a little bit sentimental when it comes to my belongings. It’s usually a rather tough emotional battle for me to decide whether or not to throw away my old paraphernalia. I mean; I know it’s an inanimate object, but still it served me for a good many years (since I am so thrifty. I don’t change my stuff unless it’s proven unusable.) More often than not, my possessions have been loyal companions fighting with me to survive each passing day. Well, in that aspect, they certainly don’t deserve the thrash can as their burial ground. Right?
Anyway, recently I have 2 new items joining in the big family of WS’ treasured. I just got a new phone and a new laptop. Yeah!
So I guess I upgraded from a basic phone to a smart phone. My new phone is an I- phone-wannabe, Nokia C7. I am no gadget whiz kid so till now I am still struggling with the functions of my C7. Nokia is usually pretty user-friendly, so I presume I am probably not smart enough for a smart phone (pursing my lips).
Speaking of my new laptop, I love it to bits. It’s a bright pink Dell Inspiron. My dad bought it for me at the IT fair yesterday. I never knew how much colours could make a different. At first, the sales personnel was introducing to me a black Dell Inspiron and I thought it looked so ugly and resembled the one I am using now. Then I saw the pink one, and I was like “I want that one.” And he was like “It’s actually the same model, just different colour.” And before that I was complaining the black one was too freaking heavy, the battery lifespan was too low and whatever computer terms I was aware of. But now, I think it’s perfect. HAHAHA!
Speaking of my new laptop, I love it to bits. It’s a bright pink Dell Inspiron. My dad bought it for me at the IT fair yesterday. I never knew how much colours could make a different. At first, the sales personnel was introducing to me a black Dell Inspiron and I thought it looked so ugly and resembled the one I am using now. Then I saw the pink one, and I was like “I want that one.” And he was like “It’s actually the same model, just different colour.” And before that I was complaining the black one was too freaking heavy, the battery lifespan was too low and whatever computer terms I was aware of. But now, I think it’s perfect. HAHAHA!
But seriously, don’t you think the pink one look beautiful? I was testing it just now and I changed my wallpaper to a pink emo design. Ooooooh. My brother thought I am pretty mad, because when I kept my laptop I still put it back in the plastic. I would have put it back into the box it came if my Dad hadn’t thrown it away. I just wanted to protect it from any scratches. It’s new and I want to preserve it in pristine condition. Anyway, don’t bank on seeing me bring it to school. I love it too much to risk trudging it to school. Now I am thinking of getting a skin for it. =D Transparent skin? So I could still admire its pinkness. Lol!