Sunday, July 24, 2011

Guess where Cat and I went yesterday? Yeah, I know, we are starting to be like twins or lovers. Talking on msn every single day and now we are inseparable – meeting up weekly with WQ acting all jealous and left out. LOL! That’s because she is busy with her business and Cat and I are busy helping other people manage their business. =) *nice job scope, yea, making ourselves sound more important than what we are*




Anyway, we went to the Blog Awards!!! Hahaha. This is going to sound like either one of us are the finalists, which could possibly be the case…

It was my first time at a pub. Cat forcefully robbed my virgin experience. Okay wait, I was a willing party and I was the one who offered? Whatever it is, it was greattttt!!!

I think we stood out. It was not those “woa, who’s this young pretty lady?” It was more because we were both super underdressed. I wore jeans and slippers. I know fashion disaster. I left my holey flats at work. My nicer sandals broke at USS. I thought we might be going cycling later so I ruled out heels. And I couldn’t find my shoes. So slippers it is. I think Cat was better dressed than me. In fact, I think I could just win an award for the most underdressed. I didn’t know what to wear and I thought the other people would dress casually. But other than that, all was well.


We got nice door gifts!

There was a free flow of foods and drinks and alcohol. And we shared our table with another blogger and her friend. They are like super pretty. I felt like some Ugly Duckling, only I am those sad ducklings that forever remain as ducklings and will never turn into a swan. She is actually Moonberry, one of the winners. Wow, sitting beside a winner. What glory!

Cat was going that we don’t look like our actual age because of our dressing. Yea, jeans is like so passé. Cat looks like some teenager going through some identity crisis and trying to make a fashion statement. But at least she is better dressed! I don’t think it’s the dressing actually. I think it’s the way we react to the beer, as least how I reacted to the beer. I was giggling, clinging onto my beer bottle and glugging it down like it is coke. Maybe it’s the alcohol, or maybe it’s the atmosphere since the performance started or maybe it’s just psychological, I felt more relaxed and ready to cheer, wolf-whistle and giggle.

I realized that the blogosphere aren’t as big as it seems. I saw lot of familiar faces. Mostly it was a case of I heard of them, but they probably don’t know me. I interacted with some before, but they would need some help to jolt their memory before they remember me.

And we left with another goody bag. -.p
I am bringing my X-man cup to NORWAY! It’s packed so I can’t take a photo of it. Gah!

I am a young blogger. Next year, maybe I will try for the WTH awards. Hahaha. I think I am quite WTH. Yea, I know. I will have a better chance if I learn how to speak HTML and start uploading photos and photo-shopping them. =D


After that we visited WQ at her booth. Scaled up Mount Faber, sorry wrong place, Fort Canning Park to make her jealous! HAHAHA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...