In preparation of my brother's POP, I attended the "Photos make your Blogs go Pop!" workshop hosted by OMG and Panasonic last Saturday. Hopefully, the photos of my brother's POP will POP. =)
I am a lousy photographer, I admit. I have shaky hands and when paired with cameras without anti-shake, my photographs always end up blur. Pffttt....
LUMIX GF5 is really a great camera. For once, I feel like I am a great photographer. This camera is not overly complex to use, really suitable for newbies like me. Better still, it is relatively light. I am not sure about you but I hate heavy cameras. It makes me feel as though they are really conspicuous and prevent me from secretly taking photos of eye candies for fear that they will notice me.
| No more unclear shots =) |
Started the course with the "rules" of photography and basics on the usage of the camera. Struggled with the touch screen because of my extended nails. My favorite setting is expressive because it highlights and emphasize the colors making it more vibrant. I took most of my photographs using this setting. I did tinkered with the selective color mode simply because Agent Bob seemed to have a fascination over it. And being a great copycat, I also tried it out. I used to think that we could only highlight one color in the photo using Photoshop. Ahh...technology, now the camera does it for me.
![]() |
| Christine says: Use Vibrant Colours |
![]() |
| Jerome teaching the Rule of Thirds. Actually I learned that in school before, but I just can't apply it properly. Gah! |
After the theory lessons, we actually had sessions on a tour around Little India. =) Hadn't been there since Primary School, I am sad I didn't manage to find a peacock feather to bring home.
The whole workshop was conducted at this really nice place - Albert Court Village Hotel. When I first googled the place, I was thinking "You must be kidding me!" It looks a lot like Raffles Hotel. And Raffles Hotel is luxury hotel, so you can more or less know how the aura Albert Court Village Hotel exudes.
They say a picture says a thousand words. So I guess a picture montage screams a million thoughts.
Enjoy!
![]() |
| Another digital scrapbook by Smilebox |
What is not not said in smilebox is that Albert Court Village Hotel is a boutique hotel where the guestrooms are set in conservation pre-war shop houses. It is set in the heart of Little India and is within walking distance to the shopping haven - Orchard Road. With such a culturally-rich and economically-vibrant environment, it is really a hotel that can be aptly described as when East meets West.
A night cost over $200 (Yea, I checked at the receptionist) depending on the night you choose. And for this price, you will be living in guestrooms with modern facilities that reflect the elegance of European charm but yet reveal the gentle allure of subtle Orient.
| Ceiling Motif |
To end off my photography journey, I am going to share an epic photo...
![]() |
| Nic Modelling *Wonders how much I can pimp him for* |
![]() |
| Although I think I can sell this hot hunk off for a higher price... |
Last but not least, presenting the steal of Little India. This hot tourist who flashed me a drop-dead gorgeous smile after my accidental or maybe not that accidental snapshot of him. <3 Told you Lumix GF 5 boost confidence by being light and less attention seeking!
Credits: Panasonic, OMY, Albert Village Court Hotel
Credits: Panasonic, OMY, Albert Village Court Hotel
+-+04.jpg)




